I had planned to go for three days on my previously-mentioned water fast, but I cut it short at about 48 hours due to feeling unwell.
I did another water fast around August 21-22, which I also stopped after about 48 hours.
My condition started getting worse earlier in August due to stress. It started reversing around the end of August.
So my condition is a little worse than it was a month ago, but now it’s improving again.
The 5:2 calorie restriction didn’t seem to be as effective as the water fasting, so I stopped that and will try fasting again towards the end of September.
Some things that I want to note
- I haven’t been drinking enough water for weeks. Unfortunately, I don’t feel thirst until I’m completely dehydrated (possibly related to alexithymia and autism), so I’m working on improving that. I might drink two quarts of water in a day instead of my goal of four.
- After being out of the sun for a week or two, I got some sun yesterday. I noticed an improvement today, so I think that sunlight helps.
- It’s likely that my recent high stress levels were related to the decline in my condition. My lower stress levels now are probably related to my improved condition.
- I don’t go on walks much any more, because I worry about needing to let my hip rest, but I did walks of about one and two miles and felt better after each. There was just a little aching in my hip later, but it wasn’t serious.
- I drink a cup of ginger tea every day. A friend said that his father reduced his arthritis symptoms after six months of drinking ginger tea every day.
- I’m trying to keep my eating within about an eight hour period each day. That results in a 16-hour fast every day. It isn’t easy to do this, but some days I am successful.